What a beautiful morning spring is in the air!
My morning started as usual going for an early morning run enjoying our beautiful spring freshness.
And then the morning and week of calmness left me!
I hadn’t completed my jobs from the day before.
Those emails I had been meaning to do, needed to be completed today as this was my deadline.
The phone calls I just kept putting off needed to be rung to say hi.
I started a cough which I just could not shake.
All in all, I was just overwhelmed and exhausted. Even though I was doing my best it just did not seem good enough for me, I had to stop and let others take on the load.
This just was not my best and happiest day for me.
Luckily for me, I have good support around me to ask for help and assistance. But still, it’s a crappy feeling not being able to get things completed myself.
I don’t know about you, but when I feel like that, I just figure it’s the Universe telling me to take some time off… so that’s what I did.
I Stopped. Went home to rest and let the world take its own course for a while. Plus, I had a treatment for myself to be healed. And that is when life struck me. I realised All is perfect whole and complete in my world.
Point Number One: We ALL have bad days or get sick occasionally… when we know we really should just pack up, finish work, and go do something that will replenish us so we can come back at 100% later or the next day.
Point Number Two: Unless you have set yourself and your work-life balance up to be able to give you enjoyment and happiness… then point number one is going to become a REALLY big problem for you, and for your family and those who you are close to!
So what’s the answer?
Well, my strong belief is that you are important and if you don’t take care of yourself now who else will? But it goes deeper than this…
You see, all of my clients have followed a proven yearly detox, to kick start the metabolism that I have designed to give them health and quality of life, to refresh how they live.
People like Karen, she set time aside to do the boot camp and it has helped her physically with added bonus to clean out her cupboards and complete old work projects.
Or Peta, who has maintained a better self-care lifestyle with plenty of healthy food and exercise and increased knowledge from partaking in the kickstart bootcamp.
These ladies have followed a proven program the Kickstart the Metabolism which has allowed them all to improve and rejuvenate their own health easily with the support of each other and Charmaine. This proven method helps correct particular health problems AND create a balance of chronic conditions within the next three months.
Next week, I’m running a workshop on how this Bootcamp works, and how you to can Kickstart the body, physically and emotionally.
As a client of Charmaine’s, you are invited to join me. This session will introduce you to the boot camp program, and will open the door to a better and healthier lifestyle.
The zoom meeting is titled: “Kick Start Your Body – Exhausted, Tired all the Time, No Energy!”. To grab your spot, please click on the link to register: Click Here
I’m really looking forward to sharing this info with you – make sure you are there!
PS. Here’s all the registration information, times and date etc. See you there!
Title: “Kick Start Your Body – Feeling Tired, Sluggish, Exhausted!”
Date: Monday, October 19, 2020
Time: 05:00 PM – 6:00 PM AEST
Register now by clicking this link
Quinoa and Beetroot Frittata
• ½ cup quinoa, cooked
• 3 large beetroots, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
• ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
• 2 handfuls of spinach, chopped
• 12 eggs
• 150 g goat’s feta
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake the beetroot and pumpkin for 20 minutes. Mix in
spinach and quinoa. Transfer into a casserole dish and sprinkle the goat’s feta on top. Pour
over the beaten eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes at 180ºC
or until set.
• Serve with a green salad.
Credit to Jessica Donovan
This is an easy and large Frittata recipe to make.
It is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner meal.
So easy to make and put into small quantities to freeze ready to eat.
I love it
This recipe is one of my tasty favourites so easy and wonderful for so many minerals in our diet including good bone health. Please enjoy
1 cup Sunflower seeds
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
1 cup Currants
Tamari to taste
Have close by a glass or metal bowl and a shaker of tamari.
Dry roast the Sunflower Seeds in a heavy skillet on top of the stove at medium heat. Stir constantly until evenly roasted (10-15 minutes). Taste test. While they are still piping hot transfer the seeds into the bowl and sprinkle liberally with the tamari and stir thoroughly with a large wooden spoon.
The seeds should be hot enough to drive the water from the tamari (there should be a sizzling sound when the tamari is added). Continue stirring until there is no more obvious moisture on the seeds. Spread out in a large pan to cool.
Repeat the above process with the Pumpkin Seeds. When roasted these begin to pop and puff up. Mix the two batches of seeds together with the currents. The trail mix may need further drying in a very low oven.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN.
After the mix has completely cooled store in an airtight container in the fridge.
VARIATIONS: experiment with proportions as well as adding roasted nuts and other dried fruits.
For more Grab n Go Snack click here
Often when stressed, bored and time-poor we reach for food that is not healthy for us. Such as unsavoury foods in the cupboard or shops which upset the metabolism, increase weight, affect hormones, and reduce energy.
However, you can have easily available snack food prepared to Grab n Go.
Often, I ask my clients to set 10-20 minutes aside at the beginning of the week to be ready. This makes life easy to reach for healthy snack foods with nourishing benefits of increased energy with balanced metabolism and hormones.
These Grab n Go items will stay fresh 3-5 days
- Boiled eggs cook 4 at once to save time
- Cut carrots and celery sticks placed in a one serve container ready in the fridge to grab n go
- Fruit – an apple a day keeps the doctor away as they say. Eat a mandarin, some strawberries and there are many more choices, making sure a serve of fruit is no bigger than a handful
- Nuts – are a source of protein, minerals and vitamins including unsaturated fats. A combination of ABC – 5 Almonds, 1 Brazil nut and 3 Cashew nuts eaten at one sitting is a great source of energy. Nuts are ideal soaked overnight to soften which aids the digestion and active calcium and vitamins.
- Seeds – Sesame seeds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds) sunflower seeds are an excellent form of protein and mineral food. All must be chewed well.
Easy Prepared Recipes ready to Grab n Go snacking
- Trail Mix – eat on own or over a salad or vegetables click for recipe
- Chia Pudding – make to keep in the fridge or in serving sizes in the freezer with some fruit and nuts to add tasty variety
- Chocolate Coconut Truffles – do once to last a week in the fridge eating 1-2 at a time
- Peppermint Bliss Balls – always a favourite tasty easy to make and enjoyable snack to Grab n Go
These recipes are available from Charmaine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive
How healthy are you?
You most probably eat well, exercise regularly and take time out to relax.
You’re doing all the right things, however, are you missing tell-tale signs stopping you from feeling your best?
Five signs your body is out of Balance
As a Chinese Medicine Practitioner and author, these five questions are tell-tale signs the mind and body are out of balance and not as energised and vibrant as it could be:
- Can you walk five kilometres in one session?
- Is your stomach settled before or after eating?
- Do you sleep seven hours comfortably at night?
- Are you pain-free all the time?
- Can you sit calmly for 20 minutes?
If you said “no” to any of these questions, it’s time to consider how you can be proactive in becoming a healthier and happier you.
Where to start? Don’t ‘Doctor Google’
The biggest mistake I see people make is commencing a journey of gaining good health alone, trying to sift through hundreds of strategies, searching Google and attempting to build a life of wellness on their own.
As a result of this trial and error, you end up running out of time, money, passion or faith in yourself. It can become an endless circle.
It’s important to see a health professional, who can look at your overall health and make recommendations to put a plan in place.
Let’s start with your mindset
A Major Gamechanger for improved health and vitality – a great place to start – is mastering your mindset by releasing worrying negative thoughts, discovering calm, happy and energy again.
I recommend three simple daily actions and reactions to get you on your way to better health, and ultimately, a more positive and calmer you.
- Repeating positive mindful affirmations such as “I know, accept and am true to myself”
- Asking yourself “Does it really matter?” when things are not going well
- Don’t underestimate the power of keeping a journal. Applying pen to paper can help express your feelings and create clarity within.
Emotions impact on a person health in so many ways.
Top mindfulness apps
- Headspace: The Headspace app is an IOS and Android app which can be downloaded onto your tablet or iPhone. Headspace teaches you how to meditate, breathe and live mindfully. It includes exercises on topics including managing anxiety, stress relief, breathing, happiness and focus.
- Aura: This app provides you with daily micro-meditations that last only three minutes. A great introduction to the practice.
- Calm: The Calm app has different sound sensations that can be used to relax, fall asleep or meditate. Users can choose from falling rain, crackling fireplace or rainforest.
Don’t wait until you’ve been ‘hit by the Mac truck’ to get your health and mindset in order, a small practice every day will get you well on the way to better health.
Charmaine Renaud is the author of How to Turn Off Your Negative Mind Chatter and was a guest speaker at our Fitness for your Wallet and Lifestyle Information Sessions held in October 2019. If you want to find out more Charmaine
Tip: Your mind is a powerful tool, organise it and you will live calmly
Yesterday I had a taxi driver ask me a question, “Are you successful?” Of course, my reaction was, “Yes I am”. However, it made me consider What is Success?
As I look back over my life of 58 years, I see my grown adult children, solid in their foundations to living a good life and now having their own delightful children. Seeing my family happy and fulfilling their dreams is success to me.
A major foundation to my success, is my relationship with God and my husband of 37 years. We’ve grown together and enjoyed each other’s company. Like all of us, we’ve had our ups and downs, however we’ve made it through. We’ve talked and cried – this is success to me.
Then there is work, creating a successful business of 25 years that has helped many women go from Suicidal Tendencies to loving and living life. Women with digestive disorders being able to travel the world confidently. Helping anxious woman who have trouble socialising to become confident yoga instructors.
So YES, my work has been successful.
My health is the next big rock – something that I’ve had to work at. 25 years ago I had a severe lump in my pancreas forcing me to STOP, take care of myself. To spend time on me and to know I am worthy of goodness.
Learning how to care for my health and being able to firstly nurture my body, and second to sustain it with good food and three embracing exercise. However, the two biggest challenges of them all has been four Mastery my Mindset, and five Feeling Calm and Happy today. This sounds easy and I continue the 5 Keys today, particularly the last two as I go through transition in my life.
So YES, I am successful, and it didn’t happen overnight, it happened because I worked at it. Taking care of myself by having time out to discover my personal truth.
My answer to the question Am I successful? YES and I will continue to be successful in these three big rocks of my life that I mentioned
I hope you can say YES I am successful
To learn more and have your Vision released click here